We have an open list and welcome requests for registration from patients living in our practice area. Patients should be aware that registration is with the practice rather than a specific Clinician. If you have a request to consult with a named Clinician, there may be sometime before an appointment with that Doctor is available, due to the working hours of the GPs.
In order to register with the practice, patients should ordinarily be resident in the UK and live within the practice boundary area, you can check this by entering your postcode below.
2. Check you Live Within the Boundary Area
3. Register with us as a Permanent Patient
Once you have confirmed you live within the practice boundary area you will need to:
- Provide your NHS number. If your NHS number is not known, this can be obtained from your previous GP, or may be included on your repeat prescription slip or previous hospital letters. If you are new to the UK and do not have an NHS number, please leave this blank and complete the 'if you are from abroad' section on the registration form.
- Read the Patient Guidance on Joining the Practice. Patients have a choice about which surgery to register with, and it is important to choose a practice that will meet your needs. Our guidance sets out our appointment system and core information about how we provide services. Please consider carefully before registering with us to ensure the systems we have in place are aligned to your expectations. Your agreement should be signed and returned with your registration documents.
4. Complete the Following New Patient Forms
Forms to register can be obtained below or alternatively at the practice from main reception. Please ensure all forms are fully completed and signed. Incomplete forms will result in your registration with the practice not being processed.
- (PART A) Complete the Patient Registration form (GMS1) or the NHS Medical Card that will have been issued to you when registering with your previous GP.
- (PART B) Complete the New Patient Questionnaire (Adult if over 16, Child if aged 5 – 15, no form necessary for children aged 0 – 4)
- (PART C) Read and sign the Patient Protocol document, this is a mandatory requirement.
(PART D) Complete the Nominate your Pharmacy form
If you are on regular medication from your previous practice please ensure you have at least one months’ supply. On registration, please provide either your repeat prescription order form from your last practice or a summary from your previous practice indicating your repeat medication. No items will be added to repeat at our practice without this information.
4.1 Registration Forms
5. Next Steps
Once you have printed and completed all the forms in section 3.1, please attend the practice and hand in your registration pack on a Thursday between 1:30pm - 4:00 pm. The practice will then be able to register you as a patient and add your information to your electronic record. New patient registrations can take up to 10 working days to process.
Due to current workload pressures, the practice will only process registration forms once per week.
Forms submitted after 4:00pm on Thursday’s will be processed the following week.